Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#4 Questions Of Uncertainty

I've never really paid much attention to politics. I never really thought that I was old enough to care about it. My view on who the president or who is running in an upcoming election has always been shaped by what I hear from my parents. They are my parents and we have similar if not identical views on things (again, which comes from my parents up bringing), so why wouldn't I be willing to take their word for it? Recently, I've come to realize that, although I love my parents and what they believe in, I need to start thinking for my self and learn about politics for myself. Honestly, I don't even know what it means to be conservative or liberal. Judging by their names, obviously assumptions can be made about what they mean and what kind of people are which kind, but it doesn't give an absolute definition. I know that when figuring out who I want to vote for, it is important to be careful where I receive my sources. Some news channels, web sites, news papers, etc. are notoriously liberal or conservative. The best for the Country is what every one says they want, but how do you tell who really means it? Things like this are huge questions to me. Where to start is the biggest one. Asking my parents, friends, teachers could all be completely biased, which is something I want to avoid. But if I bypass that, where do I start? The internet, T.V., News papers, like I mentioned before, all biased. I'm assuming that we are all just supposed to get it straight from the politicians, but then again, who's telling the truth? Just taking their word for it is not good enough for me. Where do these questions get answered? How does everyone else make a decision? It's all so uncertain to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment